SHS bridges are designed for pedestrians, cyclists, equestrians and light vehicles.
We can offer a choice of bridge styles to suit any given application and will be pleased to help you select the most appropriate for your location.
These are predominantly chosen to suit the bridges individual span and clearance requirements, which may influence the choice of suitable materials used in its construction.
We use a range of naturally durable hardwoods, including an increasing number from independently certified well managed forests in accordance with principles established by the Forest Stewardship Council®.
- Hardwood bridges require minimal maintenance and will provide an extended life without the need for any preservative treatment.
- Hardwood timber has good fire, environmental and vandal resistant properties.
- Can be designed to accommodate equestrian and vehicle loadings.
- Grooved slip resistant decking in accordance with BD29/04 Design Criteria for Footbridges.
- Choice of Parapet styles available